Sunday 25 March 2012

Bank Holiday Monday

So I got a rare day off in the middle of my usual 13 on - 1 off routine and it was thoroughly deserved after a tough but enjoyable St Patrick's Weekend.

The Mrs let me lie in for a while but once she got bored of Dog the Bounty Hunter I was getting elbowed. So out of bed I got and jumped in the shower. Not long after we were on our way up to the Decent Cigar Emporium.

I received and email from Guy detailing the offer of the month and I though it was two good to turn down. A book on cigars, a DVD on Cuban cigars and a 3 box of Cohiba Siglo I all for €58. While I was there I also bought 2 x Montecristo No.2 for an event later in the week. (More on that in future posts) While there he also threw in a box of matches and a cigar cutter.

So happy as Larry, and the Mrs giving out about how cigars are turning into an expensive hobby, we jumped on the LUAS and out to Dundrum. A short visit to her folks and we were on our travels again.

We were hungry so decided to get something to eat in the Port House. A lovely little Tapas bar near the Dundrum Shopping Center with a nice covered smoking area. We ordered far too much food with a pitcher of Sangria and I got so excited when the food arrived I forgot to take a picture. (Sorry!!!)

We scoffed through the tapas as only Irish people do and Spanish would shake there heads at. I was looking forward to having a cigar after our desert however as we were the only people dining AL Fresco I think were forgotten about. I was a good 45 mins before we got to see the dessert menu and another 10mins before they came back to take our order.

During this time I took advantage by ordering a Diplomaticas No.3 of their menu. All cigars were provided by James Fox so I knew it wouldn't be a risk. Sadly though by the time we had finished our desserts, a fantastic cinnamon creme brulee, we were both cold and I knew the cigar wouldn't have been enjoyed nor would having to listen to the Mrs for 45- 60mins while I smoked it.

So off we went again to the LUAS for the return leg to city center and home. Belly's full with fantastic food and drink but a little disappointed with the service towards the end. I didn't get to smoke a cigar but my humidor is filling up nicely now.

I went to bed early for the first time in a long time and good job I did as the I had no idea what was in store for me with the week ahead......
 
Cuban Seal
                                                                 

Habanos Seal
Cigar Offer of the Month


Sangria
                                                           
Aftermath of our Tapas

Monte No.2

Diplomaticos no 3



No comments:

Post a Comment