Thursday 8 March 2012

My First Post

So, this is my first post.
I hope to inspire and educate somewhat, make you laugh, cry, think and observe.

Just perhaps not in this post!!

Today I am sitting in the office of my (unpaid) day job. It a TV & Film production studio in Dublin. We are in the business end of organising our first Film Festival. The office is surprisingly quiet considering that it kicks off in two weeks. The rest of the crew are out and about organising and meetings and general work stuff. I am in the office. There are only so many emails one can send before people get annoyed with you.

So to pass the time and make it look like I am actually doing something I decided to start this blog. As I have said in my overly conceited opening statement I would like to share my experiences with the world. The only problem is that my life is just the same as anyone else. No exciting trips abroad every second week, No rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, No dining on Yachts.

However, what I hope to bring to the party......

1. My new hobbies are cigars. I have smoked cigars on and off for a few years but I never really knew what I was doing. Maybe in the next blog I will give you more of an insight into why its my new hobby.

2. My love for football or more importantly Manchester United F.C. I say I have lost a lot of potential readers at this point.

3. An insight into the nitty gritty of the production world and basically how hard it is to get a foot in the door. Hopefully moving forward I will get that metaphorical foot in and my blog may get a lot more exciting.

4. The Hospitality Industry. Namely working the Door in a bar. Yes I am a doorman but we are not all bad. Some of the things that I have seen and heard should be entertaining to read.

5. General day to day stuff. If its exciting, Ill put it in the blog

So that's it for the moment, Off I go to reload my email page every 3 seconds in the hope someone will reply.

Until the next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment