Monday 23 April 2012

Super Sunday

"Football, Bloody 'ell" were the words uttered by Sir Alex straight after the 1999 European Cup win. I would bet he was thinking the same on Sunday, without the jubilation however.

Man Utd were 4-2 up with seven minutes to go and finished 4-4 handing the encentive back to c(Sh)itty. Its going to be fun next Monday at the "Emptystand" stadium in Wastelands and that is all I am going to say on that subject. 

So leaving Slatterys on Capel St a little dejected, the Mrs and I sauntered home in the drizzle to pick up an umbrella. Umbrolly in hand we made our way up Grafton St thinking we should have brought our sunglasses instead. You got to love Irish weather!!

As is now becoming a habit on my Sundays off we climbed (and I use that term litterally) the very steep stairs of The Decent Cigar Emporium. I mentioned in my last blog entry that I needed to be more diverse in my selection. I have noticed that my new Twitter friend from  Cigar Stories was partial to the odd Ramon Alones and if it was good enough for him...and so on and so forth.

I search the shop but couldn't find any. They were probably there and if I asked I would have certainly picked up a couple but once again I got distracted by the cigars on display. I will, some day, make it through every single one. Type, that is, not every cigar....Although!!!

So with Diversity in mind I picked up another two Montecristos!!!! In my defense they are two I have not had before. Along with them I picked up two Bolivars and one Vegas Robaina. My selection in full was:

1 x Montecristo Open Regata (keeping an "open" mind)
1 x Montecristo Grand Edmundo EL 2010
1 x Bolivar Gold Medal
1 x Bolivar Belicosos Finos
1 x Vegas Robaina Unicos

I read that that the Bolivar is among the strongest of Cuban puros, however as I enjoyed the Partagas P2 and D4 I have been assured that I wont find the Bolivar too bad. I was recommended to smoke them after a nice meal, which I certainly will.

Speaking of Meals, the Mrs was hungry. While debating where to go I thought it only fair that she picked up a few treats for herself. She protested but I won her over in the end with Macaroons from Brown Thomas and the Diamond Edition of her favorite Disney Movie, Lady and the Tramp. It was an apt choice!!

We decided to hit Luigi Malones in Temple Bar. Wings to start, followed by Ribs and topped of with Toblerone Cheesecake. I think the Mrs had something to eat as well.

Full belly's, Shopping bags in hand, wallet a lot lighter we went to the Morgan so I could smoke my cigar in some sort of heat and comfort (the weather had taken a change for the worst) Mojitos were ordered and I sparked up my Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill. Just under an hour of bliss, even while sitting in the cold. There is definitely something to this whole after dinner cigar thing!!

Content with our days work we decided to head home to watch Lady and the Tramp. To our dismay it didn't work. Straight out of the cover and it was jumping all over the place. Needless to say we were not amused.

So the day ended as disappointingly as it started. We were just glad that we had a great time in between!!

My Treats

Her Treats
RyJ Short Churchill

It kept the Ash very well




No comments:

Post a Comment